Household cleaning is something we all know how to do to a certain extent. Over time, this has created the perception that all you need to become a professional cleaner and achieve the highest standards of cleanliness is a mop and a bucket. Nothing could be further from the truth!
Unfortunately, many unqualified individuals and referral companies use this misconception to advertise themselves as expert providers of top-of-the-line cleaning services. Homeowners who hire them often feel like they’ve wasted their money or even been taken advantage of.
In an effort to help you get the high-quality cleaning you deserve, we prepared a list of the top 5 red flags to look out for when hiring a maid service in Kenner. Read on to learn more.
What are the telltale signs of a bad cleaning company?
Hiring a bad cleaning service can have severe repercussions. After all, you’re letting a stranger into your home who may end up damaging or stealing your belongings. For this reason, asking your cleaning company the right questions in advance is absolutely essential.
Here are 5 warning signs to look out for:
- They’re not licensed. The cleaning company should be fully licensed by the state they operate in.
- They don’t have liability insurance. However careful a cleaner may be, accidents can and do happen. Having the appropriate insurance will protect both you, the client, and the cleaning company itself.
- There’s no satisfaction guarantee. Serious professionals are proud of their work and care deeply about their reputation and their clients’ happiness. Your cleaners of choice should be ready to come back and re-clean any problematic areas free-of-charge after your cleaning.
- You provide the supplies. Unless the customer specifies that their own cleaning supplies should be used, quality cleaners will always bring their own cleaning equipment and products. And yes, that includes mops and vacuum cleaners as well!
- They don’t offer free estimates and their pricing system is difficult to understand. The last thing you want is to deal with hidden fees or surprise expenses after the cleaning is already underway.
How to tell a cleaner to do a better job?
Cleaners who miss important areas or simply don’t put enough effort into the cleaning should be told about it as soon as possible. If your cleaner is reputable, they will take your complaints very seriously and try to fix the issue.
It’s important to be tactful, yet firm when you do this. Show them the problematic area (or send them a photo of it if they’re not currently present) and tell them you’re dissatisfied with how it’s cleaned. If the dirty area is so obvious the cleaner couldn’t possibly have missed it, notify their parent company and request a different cleaner in the future.
If the cleaning service still fails to deliver the results you want despite your complaints, stop hiring that cleaning company in the future. Life is too short and your nerves are too precious to be wasted on sub-par cleaning services.
Where can I find an unrivaled maid service in Kenner?
With the coronavirus pandemic still causing major problems throughout the US, the last thing you want is to worry about whether your cleaner has properly cleaned and disinfected your home. That’s where Geaux Maids of Kenner comes in.
As a fully licensed, insured, and client-oriented cleaning company in Kenner, we’ll be happy to provide you with a truly exceptional cleaning service while you focus on your other responsibilities or simply enjoy your free time at the Pontchartrain Center with your loved ones. Get in touch with us today!