Although cleaning may not be an activity you are likely to enjoy doing, you can hardly avoid it together. But how do you cope if you’re running low on energy? Most of us work a day job, often far from home, which consumes a large amount of our energy. Having to spend what little free time you have left cleaning the house can be demoralizing, to say the least, and could even make cleaning an impossible feat.
Luckily, although hiring a seasoned housekeeper in Lafayette is an excellent way to easily get a pristine home, it’s not the only way to speed up your home cleaning. In previous articles, we talked about what a housekeeper is and how to motivate your kids to clean. Now we’ll give you some tips on how to get your cleaning done quickly even when you’re tired. Read on to learn more.
How can I keep my house clean if I work full time?
The important thing to keep in mind is that home cleaning is a marathon rather than a sprint. Spending 15-20 minutes every day on cleaning will prevent the mess from building up and make the occasional big cleaning you do infinitely easier.
In order to keep your home clean at all times, do the following:
- Wash dishes, glasses, and cutlery after use, or at least place them in the dishwasher.
- Wipe the shower or bathtub as soon as you’re done using it.
- Clean blots and stains the moment they appear.
- Minimize the amount of hair you have to pick up by training your pets not to climb onto furniture.
- Prevent cluttering by having designated spots where clothes, toys, remotes, game controllers, newspapers, etc. are stored.
- Clean dust and dirt before it can build up.
- Vacuum frequently (investing in a robotic vacuum cleaner is a great idea).
- Use easily-washable couch covers.
Of course, the best way to ensure your home is always spotless is to schedule recurring cleanings with a reputable cleaning company. Aside from making your place look nice and fresh, professional cleanings have the added benefit of giving you the leisure time you need to do fun things such as attending a thrilling game at the Planet Ice Skating and Hockey Arena.
How can I clean my house in 2 hours?
A word of warning: if your place is very dirty or cluttered, and you’re strapped for time, you’re better off outsourcing the cleaning to experts. Rushing a big cleaning is certain to result in you missing a lot of stuff or doing a sub-par job, which will in turn lead to you having to re-clean the same areas two or three times.
This goes double if you’re dealing with mold or bacteria. These organisms often can’t be completely removed with fast cleanings, and will come back stronger at a later date.
With that said, here are three techniques you can use to speed up any house cleaning:
- Start with the dirtiest rooms first. Getting the toughest challenges out of the way immediately makes the entire cleaning effort less taxing.
- Top-to-bottom cleaning approach. Clean the higher areas first. This way, all the excess dirt and dust falls to the floor, allowing you to easily vacuum it later on.
- Get others to help you. Unless you live alone, you probably have other people in your household who can lend you a hand. If your children are too young or otherwise incapable of cleaning, consider booking a professional service.
Where can I hire the most dependable housekeeper in Lafayette?
Geaux Maids of Lafayette is a top-notch cleaning company in Louisiana that offers a slew of cleaning services to its clients. Our cleaners are fully equipped and trained to supply superb home cleanings, while our 100% happiness guarantee ensures you’ll never get less than your money’s worth.
Book a cleaning today, or give us a call if you’d like to learn more about what we offer. We can’t wait to meet you.